INVESTMENT GUIDE FOR STAGING
Here’s the lowdown on what to expect for staging your crib.
Pricing is based on:
- Base rental rates + reservations
- Site visit + design services (optional)
- Broker open services (optional)
- Damage waiver
- Installation/dismantling vs will-call
- Sales tax
Need a better idea of what to expect? Read on. Once you determine to invest in marketing the space, think Relics first. Contact us and we’ll create a proposal with pricing for you.
Don’t have a stager? Although we work directly with homeowners and real estate professionals, we highly recommend hiring a stager. Why? Think of the stager as your consultant and/or general contractor for your staging project. The stager not only advises on cosmetic changes to the home, but also may do any of the following: procure subcontractors (i.e. electrician for any lighting updates, plumber for any cosmetic plumbing updates, painters, carpenters, landscapers for any interior &/or exterior updates, etc), handle the contracts and appointments, coordination, details, and scheduling for the entire staging project. And ensure everything runs smoothly from start to finish, while our rentals & decor make things picture perfect.
For the trade, please contact us to learn about our exclusive benefits for approved trade professionals.
In a hurry?! We’ve got this! Contact us ASAP.
Base rental rates + reservations:
Staging price structure for rentals:
- 1 month = base rental rate w/ 1-month minimum
- 2 months = 1/2 base rental rate per month w/ 2-month minimum
- 3+ months = 1/3 base rental rate per month w/ 3-month minimum
Pricing is for rentals to be used for staging purposes ONLY. See extended rental/leasing rates for rentals to be used for apartment/home/office/theater/etc.
For our help selling your home (whether you’re a homeowner, real estate professional, or stager), we recommend our Relics’ curated and designed staging rental offering that covers the Heart of the Home- the kitchen, dining, living room, bathroom, bedroom, & entry:
- Heart of the Home: 2.9K base rental rate + 1K installation*
See individual items for specific pricing. Otherwise, see sample base rental rates per area:
- 100.-200. entry, bathroom, or additional small space
- 200.-400. kitchen w/ dining, office, or dining room
- 300.-600. outdoor living or dining, or additional bedroom
- 500.-800. master bedroom or living room
For delivery orders, advanced reservations have rental order minimums that increase with distance to staging location. See sample rental minimums below. Otherwise, see maps at bottom of page for a breakdown of order minimums based on distance.
Will-Call (pick-up/drop-off at our place): no minimum!
Milwaukee County: 1K+
Door County: 4K+
Rental order minimums do not include services or taxes. These minimums are subject to change and are 50% less during off-peak season. For more info on will-call orders with no rental minimum, please see FAQs. Last-minute reservations and order changes placed within 14 days may be subject to an Expedited Service Fee. See FAQs for more info.
Site visit + design services:
If choosing rentals “a la carte” ain’t your thing, or you’re pretty sure that you wanna have some sort of informed consent, we have options:
- Relics-curated design. Includes list of staged rooms/areas but does NOT include an itemized list of rentals that we will be bringing since that will be at our designers’ discretion. This is the quickest and easiest option with design service included. Just send us photos and a floor plan with dimensions of the space(s) and we’ll show up and make pretty. Also see Heart of the Home above.
- Client-approved design. Includes an itemized list of Relics’-suggested rentals and decor by room/area. Pre-approved by you (which gives you the chance to say yay or nay to each rental item on the list). Photos and a floor plan with dimensions of the space(s) must be submitted in advance.
- Site visit. An offsite creative consultation with one of our designers. May be required. For more info on our design offerings, see here.
- Onsite styling is part of our installation & dismantling services.
For a purely Relics-curated and installed staging project, the total amount for the staging order, excluding travel expenses and broker open services, on average does not exceed 1% of listing price, and also includes professional detailed images of the final look and marketing through our online channels. Site visit may be required.
Broker open services:
Kick your open house up several notches with curated food and beverage service and decor to make the best first impression. Whether you just need a few things or need our full services of installation, hosting, and clean-up for your open house, contact us to get started or check out our Investment Guide for Events. Please note that our full services (with hosting and clean-up) are only available to our professional staging clients.
We charge a mandatory non-refundable 10% Limited Damage Waiver for delivery orders and 15% Limited Damage Waiver for will-call orders to cover use & lovin’ (aka normal wear & tear: small nicks, small spots, small scratches, etc.). However, accidents happen. Things get misplaced. Dishes get dropped. It rains. The client is responsible for gross mishandling or negligence of our rentals, including careless packing for transport, damage from inclement weather, or rentals & equipment not returned. Insert frowny-face emoji.
Any irreparable or unreturned tabletop items will be five times the rental fee. Unless covered by the Limited Damage Waiver, all other items’ repair & replacement costs will be determined by an Relics-chosen repairer/appraiser. See FAQs for more info.
Installation/dismantling vs will-call:
With their attention to detail, our logistics team is THE BEST! Whether you need us to just deliver and pick up or you need complete installation & dismantling of your order, we’ve got you covered.
*Prices vary based on distance, physical size of order, level of service needed onsite, and scheduled times. Installation includes delivery, unpacking, setup, and styling/placement of all the furniture and details, plus dismantling & retrieval at the end of the rental period. See FAQs and our installation & dismantling page for more info.
Base service rates per load during normal weekday business hours are as follows:
- Milwaukee: 179.
- Chicago: 399. (inc. tolls)
- Door County: 549.
Accommodations may be required for long distance staging locations. Please ring us or write us to inquire about our rentals and services for Wisconsin, out of state, and abroad. Also, see maps below.
Will-call is NO CHARGE during normal business hours for orders with base rental rates over 250. For orders with base rental rates under 250. in rentals and for after hours will-call appointments, handling fees apply. See FAQs for more info.
IN REGARDS TO THE MAPS BELOW, the more budget-friendly option is to DIY the logistics and labor and why we offer will-call pickup & drop-off at our place. Crunch your numbers and decide whether will-call or delivery is the option for you. (However, please note that most of our orders are delivery orders for reasons explained here.)
We gotta do it. Unless you’re tax-exempt so send over your tax-exempt certificate prior to reserving your order and we’ll take it off.